Friday, November 8, 2013

Halloween in the Village

Just before Halloween, we celebrated this cute little boy's 3rd birthday.

His sweet baby sister.

Cutting the cake.  We had fun at his Pooh themed party.

We've spent more time with this little one.  She can get cozy anywhere, it cracks me up!

The girls love Nathaniel.

I saw this snow hare on my way to school one morning.  Yes, it is pitch black dark at 8am.

I went on my last boat ride to Emmonak (before the river starts to freeze up).

We enjoyed our time at the AC Store.

Looking at the Yukon River, just outside the store in Emmo.

Freezing our bottoms off, and still having fun.

Ahh... a piping hot cappuccino for my ride back to Alakanuk.  I think I spilled more than I drank.

I got a donation from my high school coach, so I used it to get deodorants for all of my 7-12th grade students.  Dove for the girls, and Axe for the boys.  The school is now a better smelling place ;)

Finally, Halloween night!  Tigger was our first trick-or-treater.

I see a cow trick-or-treating with her mom and dad.

Kids getting candy from our neighbors.



Two cows and a cowboy.


The little cow handed out some candy at our house.


Watching the kids from the window.

We had a Halloween carnival at school the weekend after Halloween.

I didn't have a costume, so I put a black shirt on my head and acted like a ninja.

I worked this game for a while.  The kids loved it.  
They held the fishing pole, threw the clip (attached at the end of the string) over the orange paper.  

"Magically" a bag of candy got clipped on the line.  They couldn't see the guy behind the paper, so it was fun to see their look of surprise.  "How did the candy get on my line?"

Bowling

Everyone comes to the carnival!  There's Nathaniel on the left, working the bowling game.

Cake walk

"Ariel" selling tickets for the games.

Duck pond

Penny drop (drop a penny into a bucket of water)

Cinderella working at the balloon darts.


A butterfly working at the memory card game.

Knock the cans


Prizes!

"Ursula" working at the prize table.

No comments:

Post a Comment