Sunday, October 21, 2012

Snowing = More Cooking

The snow is here to stay, so I've spent a little more time inside cooking.  This week was long.  Report cards were due, so I spent most nights up at school grading papers.





We ate salmon for dinner three nights.

 The wrestling mats arrived just in time to practice before next week's tournament at Hooper Bay.



We bought a dehydrator and jerky gun, so we were able to make some moose jerky from ground meat.  The dehydrator has six stack-able trays.
 

 We cooked it for about 3 hrs and it was done.
moose jerky


My favorite cookies: Funfetti cookies.
Ingredients: 1 pkg Funfetti cake mix, 1/3 c. oil, 2 eggs

Mix all three ingredients in bowl to form dough.             Roll into 1 inch balls.
 

 Lightly flatten with bottom of a cup.  Bake 6-8 minutes at 375.  Let them sit on the warm cookie sheet until they flatten out.
 

Focaccia Bread. Click here for recipe.


 Kneading the dough.

Letting it rise for 20 min.

 Spread dough like a pizza.  Sprinkle Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese.

Bake at 450 for 13-15 minutes.

I cut some into bread sticks.

We had home volleyball games this weekend.  Scammon Bay and Pilot Station flew in to play.  I had a team sleep in my classroom.

Nathaniel worked in the student store.  I think he scared some kids.  I line judged most of the games and reffed for the last match.
    
              



1 comment:

  1. Another fun update :)
    I used to make Funfetti cookies like that all the time. I dont know how hard the ingredients are to get up there however you might want to try this recipe. Once I found it I switched over to it and haven't looked back lol
    http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/funfetti-cookies-2/

    ReplyDelete